Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Exercise in All It's Glory

Exercise---is that a moment to love or not? I wasn't sure this morning. For 3 days now, I've been getting up before everyone else and exercising. I'm really proud of myself because usually after 2, I quit. So I've beat my record.

I think I've conquered my slackness though. If I can do what I did this morning, I have no excuse to not get up and exercise no matter what. Here's what happened.

I got up at 6 and so did the baby. My husband tried to keep him calm and get him to go to sleep. It didn't work so I brought downstairs with me. I got my coffee and my devotional book and did that while he was trying to get comfortable, which didn't work that early in the morning. I finally got that done and it was time to exercise--aerobic activity today.

Hummmmm......what to do? How do I exercise while holding the baby? I tried putting him down and he just screamed. I didn't want him waking up the entire household so I figured I would have to hold him. I turned on Wii Fit and figured I could use it. So I did 18 minutes of Step Aerobics with 20 lbs of added weight this morning. I thought I was going to DIE!! But I didn't.

During the step aerobics, at first I held him so he could see the TV. He was scared and wondering why I was moving like I was. He reached behind him and was holding onto my shirt really hard. It was funny. Finally I turned him around and held him tight to me and every now and then he would turn around and look at the TV. Finally, to top it off he fell sound asleep and when I was done I even laid him in a chair and he didn't move. Now I know what I need to do when he won't go to sleep, I guess. That made it a very heavy 20 lbs.

Was I loving life during those 18 minutes? Not really. Afterwards. Oh yeah! It was really sweet holding him even if it was hard. It gave me a better workout and it was a special time that we shared. Wonder how many more times I'll be doing that? I have a feeling a lot more. I hope I get my muscles built up before he gains more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment